National Philosophy of Education

Education in Malaysia is an on-going effort towards developing the potential of individuals in a holistic and integrated manner, so as to produce individuals who are intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically balanced and harmonious based on a firm belief in and devotion to God. Such an effort is designed to produce Malaysian citizens who are knowledgeable and competent, who possess high moral standards and who are responsible and capable of achieving a high level of personal well being as well as being able to contribute to the harmony and betterment of the family, society and the nation at large.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The unpleasant sensation...

FROM HEARTBURN TO GERD...
I was diagnosed for having GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). So, yesterday I went to hospital for a 'simple procedure' (as the doctor described) to know anything serious in my stomach. True, it was simple procedure yet it gave me very unpleasant sensation. It was not easy to get the optical equipment getting through my mouth then throat then esophagus and then deep into the stomach. If you feel that I am wrong, try to insert your finger into your throat... How'd it feel?... 

THE UNPLEASANT SENSATION...
During the procedure, at the time the 'thing' getting through my throat,  spontaneously I burst out everything inside my stomach. It was like congested pipe line being cleared from blocking wastes. My goodness! At first I felt like I had lost my ability to breath. Lucky it was only panic. The surgeon asked me to calm down and breath through nose only. Everything like gasses, undigested food, fluid etc.. came out one after another as the 'camera' was inside my stomach. The unpleasant sensation occurred again when the surgeon pulled the camera out.... BLUEKK... finally a relief... It's over but the whole day I still felt the pain and feeling like the camera tube was moving happily in my stomach. At night I couldn't sleep because still felt the pain.

'TRIVIA'
After the procedure, the surgeon complained to the nurses that he had lost his pen. Huh! Hey doc! Don't tell me that you left the pen inside!...
------------------

Photo: The 'alien' which went inside my digestion system... BLueekk..
------------------

p/s: There went my second day of Ramadhan. What do you expect? What else... I have to replace the undone fasting of the day...

No comments: