National Philosophy of Education

Education in Malaysia is an on-going effort towards developing the potential of individuals in a holistic and integrated manner, so as to produce individuals who are intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically balanced and harmonious based on a firm belief in and devotion to God. Such an effort is designed to produce Malaysian citizens who are knowledgeable and competent, who possess high moral standards and who are responsible and capable of achieving a high level of personal well being as well as being able to contribute to the harmony and betterment of the family, society and the nation at large.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Learn from the 'Hair Port'



Yesterday, I have fulfilled my children's request to bring them to a cinema in Ipoh for 'Upin dan Ipin'. It is not about the movie that I wanted to publish here but a signboard of a shop (a hair salon) attracted me for its statuesque-but-thoughtful presence. While I stood in front of the closed shop (it was 11.00 p.m. already..) I was wondering what if I changed some words and replaced them with my own educational-related words... Here is my version...

"A student is the most important denizen in our school compound. Even though they feel they are not dependent on us, Our tasks are dependent on him. He is not an interruption on our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our duty. He is a part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing a favour to himself, by giving us an opportunity to do so."

So ... how does it sound....? Remember teachers.. the above quotation is not a new National Philosophy of Education. It is just a thought that I have had in mind when I was looking at the signboard.... ;-)

2 comments:

Shazreen Hafizee said...

owh...berdasarkan pengalaman memang camtuh?terima kasih sudi membaca wahai cikgu..

Halezza Ibrahim said...

It is a great thinking of u........