National Philosophy of Education

Education in Malaysia is an on-going effort towards developing the potential of individuals in a holistic and integrated manner, so as to produce individuals who are intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically balanced and harmonious based on a firm belief in and devotion to God. Such an effort is designed to produce Malaysian citizens who are knowledgeable and competent, who possess high moral standards and who are responsible and capable of achieving a high level of personal well being as well as being able to contribute to the harmony and betterment of the family, society and the nation at large.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Le Arome du Sud-Est de Asie


Coming soon.......! How nature teaches us...

I posted this photo on 10.07.2007 but the article was delayed due to the KOF fiesta (My own term. Refer article below for explanation). As promised here is the article.

-------------------------------

July this year is the time for Malaysians to welcome the arrival of ‘His Royal Highness King of the fruits’ (KOF). It is well-known as ‘durian’ {doo-ree-yan}. I have asked somebody who loves durian like bear and its honey-comb about why do we call this durian as King of the fruits. His answer was rather simple and very Malaysian; “I don’t know lah… I just like to eat durian. That’s all”.

As usual, I spent most of my weekend at this KOF feast at my grandma's inherited orchard. While waiting for the HRH KOFs to follow the law of gravity, my ears enjoyed the nature's musical orchestra of mynahs, crickets and merbahs (I do not know its name in English) but my mind kept on spinning with questions. If Sir Isaac Newton thought of why things always fall down to earth not the reverse way (please do not compare me with him okay..), my thinking was more on the sociological aspect. I was wondering who the first man to eat durian was. However, this thought then produced another question, how did he (perhaps she..who knows?) know that the durian was consumable?. I had no answer for those questions though nobody would dare to find it for me. I just made my own imaginative hypothesis. Man learns from nature.

My Hypothesis: Man learns from nature:

The hypothesis follows these imaginative procedures:

1. Man was hungry.

2. Man found durian.

3. Man did not like its smell.

4. Man saw a creature (perhaps squirrel’s ancestor) ate the durian.

5. Man's curiosity reacted towards the creature's behaviour.

6. Man tested the taste.

7. Man liked its taste.

8. Man’s thought concluded that 'bad smell does not mean bad taste'.

9. Man ate the durian.

10. Man enjoyed it.

Result:
Man happy and had full stomach.. burrppp. Praise God!

Chain Reaction:
Man spread the findings, community got the benefit.

Durian’s Personal Impact:
Durian became a famous entity.

Cikgu Farish:
My grandma's civic-minded motto: Fruit, fruit jugak. Sampah tolong kemas!
Le Arome du Sud-Est de Asie= The aroma of south east asia

No comments: