National Philosophy of Education

Education in Malaysia is an on-going effort towards developing the potential of individuals in a holistic and integrated manner, so as to produce individuals who are intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically balanced and harmonious based on a firm belief in and devotion to God. Such an effort is designed to produce Malaysian citizens who are knowledgeable and competent, who possess high moral standards and who are responsible and capable of achieving a high level of personal well being as well as being able to contribute to the harmony and betterment of the family, society and the nation at large.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I got the power! (Don't scratch my car, please...)

I attended a meeting for the first time at the school. After a few matters had been discussed, I was shocked (even though I had some hints before) to know that I had to replace a teacher's (who left the school for Institut Bahasa) position. I was appointed as a disciplinary teacher for the afternoon session. I got the 'license to cane' according to the senior teacher. I haven't got this opportunity before. (opportunity??? Is this mean my car will got scratch?) Having negative perception makes this thing appears as an opportunity for me to punish the problematic students. However, my positive mind has more percentage than the negative one. Caning is not the main solution for the problematic students. Only if there is no other way I will use it but under permission of the principal. I accept the 'license' with responsibility. Hopefully my emotion will not defeat my rationality.

(Hmm... Do I have the 'disciplinary enforcer' look?)

Knowledge bite: Rattan cane for disciplinary and coercive implement

Cikgu Farish:I like rattan chair :)

3 comments:

Selva's blog said...

Sir, U got licence to ....
Me too prefer rattan chairs.
Here in SMK Convent Butterworth,,, it is a NO NO.
If we slap a students we can be fined RM25,000.00
I agree with you, caning is not the only solution, but for certain issues it may have to be carried out.
We will learn as issues comes by.

3.46pm
29062007.
smkcbw.

Anonymous said...

r u allowed to cane girls,sir?
selva might done it earlier n u may ask tips on how to PROPERLY AND ETHICALLY conducting it...well,u know me....

Sergeant

Cikgu Farish said...

Yes, girls are allowed to be caned. But there are proper ways to cane them.

For other 'proper way'you shouldn't ask Selva. Fahmi is the best reference. Muahh haha hah...'

p/s: I knew you very well sir...